Yumprint makes this task simple, inspiring, and fun. To do this, we have the Yumprint Extension, menu planning, nutritional advice, and recipe search. Although, it is a seamless experience going from finding inspirational recipes on the web to a meal plan, making the shopping list is still quite laborious. But that changes now.
We are proud to announce Yumprint Grocery Lists
To get started with grocery lists on Yumprint, create or sign into your Yumprint account. Once you are in Yumprint, notice the Grocery List area at the left of your meal plan. Click the grocery list icon to go to your grocery list or drag recipes onto the icon to add them to your grocery list.
Your grocery list is comprised of four main sections:
1. Actions you can take on your grocery list
Add items to your grocery list by typing them into the box at the top or click “Add all planned recipes” to add all recipes from your meal plan onto your grocery list. You can also print or email your grocery list.
2. The grocery list
This is where items on your grocery list will appear. You can check off items, view where they come from, or edit them.
3. Checked items
As you check items off your grocery list, they will appear in this section so that you can change your mind and add them back to the list. Once you are done with them then click “Clear all”.
4. Recipes on your grocery list
Drag recipes here to add them to your grocery list. You can also view recipes on your grocery list or remove them from the grocery list.
Try adding a recipe to your grocery list. Notice that:
- The grocery list icon is now green, indicating that there are items in your grocery list.
- If the recipe is on your meal plan then it is marked as being on your grocery list. Also if you now click “Add all planned recipes” it will not add that recipe again.
- The grocery list now contains items from the recipe organized into categories combining ingredients where possible.
- The recipe that was added is listed on the right.
Of course, you can add as many recipes to your grocery list as you want.
You can check off items that you don’t need or that you have purchased.
You can change the name or amount of an item by clicking on the text you want to edit.
You can also click the information icon to see in which recipes an item was found.
If an item was miscategorized or combined incorrectly then you can click “miscategorized” to fix it.
Once you have prepared your list, you can take it to the store by either:
- Using your mobile phone from the same web page
- Emailing it to the person who will go shopping
- Printing it
Try it out and let us know what you think.